Consents & Waivers

These forms must be completed before registering with Softball BC. This applies to all participants, players, coaches, umpires, executive members, team managers - anyone listed on a team roster and/or requiring insurance coverage from Softball BC.  These forms are to be submitted to your local association/club registrar or President.  Please contact your local association for more information on where to submit these forms.

  • Club/Association Membership Annual Application/Agreement: Coming soon

Clubs/Associations:  The items on this page can be downloaded and used for your digital registration and/or for distribution to your association members.


Electronic Forms available online:

Softball BC Travel Advisory Form

Please complete the following steps below

1. Complete the Softball BC Travel Request form no less than 1 month prior to travel date if you wish to request Commercial general Liability  (CGL) Extension. 

The Travel Request form must be submitted no less than fourteen (14) days prior to travel date if CGL extension is not required.

It is still required for all teams to submit the ‘Softball BC Travel Request If CGL extension is not needed.

Please allow 15 business days to receive a quote from the Softball BC office if requesting the Commercial General Liability (CGL). 

2. Note, completing the Softball BC Travel Request form DOES NOT PROVIDE emergency travel medical insurance. Please check with your current extended benefits provider (if applicable)  whether your benefits plan provides travel medical insurance, or seek optional emergency medical coverage from a third party.

3. The ‘form’ can be completed here Softball BC Travel Advisory Form



1. What is Commercial General Liability coverage?

Because no matter how careful you are, accidents happen. And you can be sued by anyone who claims injury or damages resulting from your activities. You may not be liable, but you will need to be defended in court. A liability policy will pay for this defense as well as any costs awarded against you. In short, liability insurance gives you peace of mind. The policy will pay those sums that the insured becomes legally obligated to pay as compensatory damages because of bodily injury to or damage to property of others, such as spectators, passersby, property owners and others resulting from your operations or actions. A deductible of $1000 applies to bodily injury, property damage and legal expenses claims.


2. What happens if a player on our team is injured while taking part in a softball activity outside BC?

Softball BC does not provide personal injury coverage outside BC, and only at sanctioned activities within the province. We strongly recommend every participant travelling to an out of province softball activity review their personal travel medical or emergency medical coverage to ensure you are adequately covered.


3. Why do we need to complete the Travel Request form if we are not asking for insurance coverage?

The Travel Request form allows us to collect information on Softball BC members who are out of the province and taking part in softball activities. Should assistance be required, the Provincial office has critical data on hand.


4. Why do you need such a long advance notice of a travel request?

If the CGL extension is requested, staff will compile the information and forward to our insurance broker for submission to the underwriter. Once a decision is made by the underwriter, the information is provided to staff through the broker and the team contact is notified. Payment (if applicable) must be made prior to travel and the appropriate forms created and sent to the team contact.


Any other questions, please contact the Softball BC office at

Downloadable Forms

Our Sponsors and Partners